Société d'Entomologie africaine (or
"S.E.A.") is an entomological society specialized in
African Coleoptera and Lepidoptera.
The society publishes the entomological
Journal Entomologia Africana.
Aims of the society
- The promotion of entomology overall, through the Journal
- Provide scientific information (studies and descriptions
of new taxa, fauna, notes on breeding, ecology and zoogeography,
- Publish travel and collecting notes (journeys, leisure
- Encourage contacts and exchange of information between
amateur's and entomologists.
- Teach, help and coach members to progress with their
hobby. The Journal "Entomologia
Africana" provides technical assistance and
gives scientific tutorials as a service.
- The « Société d’Entomologie africaine »
or « S.E.A.» is an A.S.B.L. of Belgian law creates in 1994 and whose statutes were published in the Belgian
monitor of November 30, 1995 under the identification number 21528/95. Every person or institution can become there member for agreement of the
council of administration. The annual subscription includes a subscription to its review " Entomologia Africana " in which every author can publish an article which satisfies the objectives and
at the spirit of the society.
- Because of its history, Belgian entomology is
associated with Africa which is one of the essential actors of the fame. Our
society arose from this African marriage.
- For reasons of cohesion and identity,
the society will focus its activity around the orders of Lepidoptera and Beetles and will limit its publications to French and
- S.E.A. will look at :
- Collect together entomologists worried of sharing and of spreading their
experiences and their knowledge and of inciting the contacts between the members.
- To assure thanks to its review " Entomologia Africana " the distribution
of articles so much scientific character (as the description of novelties, the faunistique, the notes
of breeding or the biologic observations) that in character of leisure (as the relation of hunting).
- To assure by l intermediary of his review " Entomologia Africana " an educational service which should allow its readers
to learn various techniques of harvest and collection or learn certain rules and certain manners which govern the
entomological naming and the systematic.
- Incite and help the members to progress towards the level that they wish by putting in their arrangement the knowledge and
information necessities at this end.
Every person wishing to help us financially and\or materially for the realization of our objectives and the promotion of the
society can contact us.
To contact us / other request